Forest Biological Sciences
Established in 1965, the Department of Forest Biological Sciences is one of the academic units of the College of Forestry and Natural Resources. The department envisions itself as the country’s leading institution for learning and research in the field of forest biological sciences, encompassing but not limited to forest biodiversity, forest biotechnology, and other allied fields for the conservation and sustainable use of forest resources for the improvement of the quality of life and the environment. With top-caliber experts and state-of-the art laboratory facilities for Forest Biotechnology, Metallophytes Research, Taxonomy and Biodiversity as well as Plant Pathology, the department maintains its main thrust of strengthening the existing forest biology programs in teaching, research, and extension activities. Part of its goal is to develop integrated research and extension programs that will contribute to the forestry development in the country and the region as well..
The department offers both undergraduate and graduate courses in support of the offerings of the Certificate in Forestry, Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Master of Forestry, Master of Science in Forestry, Master of Science in Natural Resources Conservation, and Doctor of Philosophy. Within the BS Forestry curriculum, the department offers specialized courses in the area of Environmental Forestry and Production and Industrial Forestry.
Marilyn S. Combalicer, PhD.
- Aguilon, Dianne Joy D. | Assistant Professor 6
- Ata, Jessa P. | Associate Professor 5
- Balatibat, Juancho B. | Associate Professor 6
- Castillo, Manuel L. | Professor 5
- Combalicer, Marilyn S. | Associate Professor 7
- Dans, Andres L. | Assistant Professor 3
- De Castro, Maria Ellenita G. | Assistant Professor 5
- Fernando, Edwino S. | Professor Emeritus
- Hernandez, Jonathan O. | Assistant Professor 4
- Linatoc Alona C. | Associate Professor 1
- Lobite, Niel Jun S. | Assistant Professor 1
- Malabrigo, Pastor Jr. L. | Professor 3
- Maldia, Lerma SJ. | Associate Professor 6
- Pampolina, Nelson M. | Professor 12
- Tinio, Crusty E. | Associate Professor 4
- Umali, Arthur Glenn A. | Assistant Professor 7